Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bookshop browsing

Today I bumped into a customer from the library, or really, today I was caught out by a customer from the library. When she happened upon me, I was burrowing through a sales table in a book shop. She giggled and exclaimed, 'I don't think I've ever seen you without a book in your hand!'

In the movie version of that moment I would have made some clever quip about a book in the hand being worth something something, but instead I just looked at my hand, and the book in it, and replied,
'yep, that's about the state of it'.

Because it's true.

But my book-ferretting efforts were rewarded. I've got a few new books to add to my bookshelf, and a few titles to save up for too, and I'll be back to wander around in Havelock North's delightful Poppies bookshop soon:

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion is being heralded as the next big thing. It's written by a New Zealander (who was interviewed on Kim Hill recently). It sounds very quirky and sweet, and I think I might put it on my birthday list.

The Winemaker by Kerry Tyack sounds like a really good read, so good that I bought it for my husband for his birthday. I will let you know what he thinks.

Doodling in French was a bit of an impulse buy, but I bought it for my 12-year-old daughter's birthday. She loves to draw, and I thought it may also inspire her to start scrapbooking. As further justification, I thought I could use some of the images for embroidery (I say that quite confidently, when in fact I haven't yet found the time to embroider anything, at all). Such a gorgeous little book though, it was impossible to resist.

And then home to sit and drink tea, and admire my roses.

Library Girl x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...