Saturday, January 5, 2013

New year, new bath

No matter from which angle I approach my stack of memories, last summer's weather lacks many redeeming features. I don't think I was the only one who decided last April that a summer without sun just isn't.

And I think it has made this summer all the more vibrant, all the more abundant, all the more appreciated. I find myself savouring things, simple summer things, as if it were the first time I had ever experienced them. Who knew what pleasure could be got from picking a basket of apricots, from riding down a (small) rapid in an inner tube, from having my cup of tea and christmas cake in a shady spot of the garden, or escaping to a patch of quiet to read.And yes, I have my escape route well sorted, and just as well, my beach bag is brimming over with bookish goodness. Here's what you'd find if you tipped it out on the picnic blanket:
      The latest Frankie and Extracurricular mags
      A borrowed copy of series 3 of The Good Word
      New albums Sad but True, Carry Me Back, and Wreck and Ruin
and an amazing, 'unputdownable' book called Room.

Wishing you a new year filled with sunshine, surrounded by the riches of good reading, and most of all, sprinkled with plenty of true, take-a-skip moments of joy (and maybe an outdoor bath too - I cannot recommend them highly enough).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...