Monday, May 28, 2012

The goodness of a pile of books beside the bed

Some days I just can't wait for bed time, especially with a pile of books like this waiting for me. I was recommended The Paris Wife by a friend, it is about Hemingway's wife. I have followed Rachel Allen's cooking career a bit since I have been helping out a friend opening a cook school here in Hawke's Bay, so it was a treat to find this book Home Cooking at the library. Fairytale Food by Lucie Cash, looks cute but not very practical. And, finally, ah sweetness, the latest Country Living magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great stack. I feel the same way, I love heading off to bed knowing I have a great book to read! It always has been, and I imagine always will be what puts me to sleep at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. truely nothing nicer than a pile of good books and a warm blanket. Except perhaps those cute spotty curtains!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...