Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Autumn planning

This weather is still so contrary - yesterday I was outside luxuriating in the sunshine, today I am admiring our big pile of wood that has just been delivered and reaching for the snuggly blanket as I settle in to knit baby booties. And plan. Winter craft projects. Oh, how I love planning winter craft projects.

My projects mostly seem to be knitting this year (with a bit of quilting and embroidery thrown in too). Knitting has taken first place in my crafting world. I like to remind myself when I struggle away at learning new things (my french classes, my violin lessons, my attempts at surfing are all slow progress!) that not so long ago I longed to be able to knit, and now, it is one of the things I love most in life. My English teacher was right - perseverance has its happy rewards!

Getting the hang of cable stitch - it's quite exciting
And beautiful books help, don't they. I am still loving this book Baby Booties by Caroline de Hugo. Not all of the patterns have had quite the lovely shaping that are shown in the pictures, but I am not sure if that is because I am a bit relaxed on the instructions re needle size etc...that mustn't help!?

Have you got an inspiring craft book right now? I'd love to hear about it!

x Library Girl


1 comment:

  1. So impressed that you've mastered cable! I haven't dared to try it yet. This Autumn weather is definitely making me think about starting some knitting too and beautiful books make it all the more tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...